HR TOTAL REWARDS SPECIALIST
Location: 180 Kent Street, Ottawa Ontario (Hybrid)
Build your future at Minto!
Since 1955, we've been proudly building better places for people to live, work and play, one home and one relationship at a time. To us, it's all about special moments ? like the thrill of a new apartment, the pride in owning a first home, or a growing investment partnership. We recognize this continues with great employees, like you, and would love for you to join us on our mission. At Minto we welcome change, celebrate new ideas and provide you with the resources, professional training and diverse opportunities to grow your career.
Your offer will include:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- benefits effective 1 st day
- RRSP matching plan
- 3 weeks' vacation
- Tuition reimbursement plans and professional development courses
- Employee recognition platform - Be rewarded by your colleagues for your contributions!
- Flexible summer hours Many exciting career opportunities
Your Role on our Team: The HR Total Rewards Specialist is responsible for administering the company's total rewards programs for Canadian and US operations. This includes, but is not limited to: base salary structure, short & long term incentive programs, pension plan and equity plans.
In this role, you will:
- Provide compensation analysis and reporting including market pricing, compensation planning, trending and modeling
- Complete various salary surveys including job matching, data gathering and analysis of results
- Drive the delivery of the compensation programs including focal reviews, bonus calculations and data audits
- Provide statistical analyses, metrics and data modeling for total rewards programs
- Support the business and HR team with compensation/total rewards requests, including job analysis/evaluations, providing advice and recommendations on various compensation matters and helping to resolve related issues
- Communicating the value of total rewards to employees, primarily through the compilation and distribution of employee total reward statements and also through education workshops offered through Minto's Learning Centre
- Contribute to the communication, training and education activities for Minto's total rewards programs, particularly for Minto's annual performance management and compensation planning cycle
- Maintain the content on the Total Rewards page on the employee intranet site
- Contribute to other Total Rewards projects with research and analysis, as required
- Executive compensation - conduct market analysis to ensure Minto's total target compensation is competitive within the industry and regions in which we operate. Also, in partnership with the Finance organization, manage the various executive incentive plans
- The position will also provide compensation support to the Sr Director, Human Resources and the CHRO for managing compensation related deliverables for Minto's Board of Directors and Minto Apartment REIT's Board of Trustees.
- The incumbent will be required to partner closely with the HR team including the HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Organizational Effectiveness and HRIS team
- Cross functionally, the incumbent will work closely with the Finance, Legal, IT and Communications teams Establish and manage external relationships with service providers
We would like you to have:
- University degree/College diploma in Business or related discipline; CCP designation an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years related HR systems experience in a medium-large organization, or in a consulting capacity
- 3-5 years' experience administering total rewards programs
- Proficient in MS Office, including advanced Excel;
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Knowledge and/or proficiency in Teams
- Excellent oral and written communication, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with emphasis on managing HR programs
- Able to manage multiple deliverables/deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable; accurate; detail-oriented; able to work in a complex, changing work environment both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with equity management tools Bilingualism (French/English) an asset
Our future is better together. Apply now and join us!
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.