Community Fundraising & Marketing Manager
About Hospice Prince Edward
Hospice Prince Edward is a community-based organization that provides quality of life, dignity in death, and grief and bereavement support for all those living with or affected by a life-limiting illness. Hospice Prince Edward is a non-profit organization established through the extraordinary work of residents in the community. In addition to a professionally staffed 3-bed residential hospice in the town of Picton, volunteer-run home visiting and grief and bereavement programs serve individuals and families in Prince Edward County and the surrounding communities.
Hospice Prince Edward has an exciting opportunity for an energetic, organized self-motivated candidate, with strong communication and stakeholder management skills, eager to work in a values-based organization. The Community Fundraising & Marketing Manager is responsible for planning special events, community awareness, and marketing including social media, community engagement, and donor relations.
Work Location: On-site at Hospice Prince Edward, Picton, Ontario. Working from home is acceptable for some tasks; the requirement is to be on-site regularly.
Hours per week: This is a 35-hour-per-week position. Standard Work Week: (Monday to Friday) with flexible working hours based on requirements of the position; evenings and weekends where necessary
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and benefits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating special events/fundraisers and promotions.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director for grant writing and the Fundraising Committee of the board to develop an annual fund development plan to meet budget
- requirements and acts as the liaison between the committees to report back and execute the plan
- Collaborates with the Executive Director to develop and implement an annual communications plan
- Help set fundraising goals, prepare and send out sponsorship packages to past and potential sponsors, and secure in-kind donations
- Identifies, captures, and shares stories of clients, care partners, staff, and volunteers to use in communications, marketing, and fundraising for Hospice Prince Edward
- Develop content including written, video, and graphics to support recruitment, fundraising, marketing, and brand awareness in the achievement of Hospice Prince Edward's goals
Requirements and Knowledge
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in event planning, fundraising, or public relations; non-profit experience preferred
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Special Events Planning, Public Relations or a related field is preferred
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Social Media, Website Management, and Print Marketing experience preferred
- Experience developing content using various platforms and tools including video, web, and photography
- Advanced level of knowledge of general office procedures, efficient computer skills, and file management
- Excellent computer expertise including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, and Mail merge
- Experience working with volunteers
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Possess a vehicle and valid driver's license
- A positive and compassionate approach to client service and a demonstrated capacity for empathy.
Contact us to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to the Executive Director, Jennifer Loner. Only those applications chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Hospice Prince Edward is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Hospice Prince Edward is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment, and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation regarding the materials or procedures used at any time during this process.