Seaspan is in search of a skilled Manager, Talent Acquisition who has experience ensuring best in class talent acquisition strategies are being used throughout all stages of the Talent Acquisition (TA) process. The Manager must also have demonstrated experience leading others. Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition and Global Mobility, the successful Candidate will be responsible for day-to-day TA functional leadership.
Note: This position qualifies for an optional hybrid work schedule after 90 days of onsite work and onboarding. Employee will be subject to the terms of the Flexible Work Policy Agreement.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of Talent Acquisition Specialists & Coordinators
- Manage team by providing best practice guidance, on-going training and development and other support duties as needed on a day-to-day basis
- Onboard all new Talent Acquisition team member hires and actively participate in their training.
- Ongoing check-in meetings with Team Members to assist with day-today enquiries and provide guidance.
- Build key relationships with hiring leaders to build partnerships and promote the use of strategy talent acquisition strategies.
- Manage executive level recruitment initiatives and other confidential searches.
- Lead talent sourcing and pipelining projects utilizing innovative techniques, job market trends through leveraging technology and industry networks.
- Lead Employer branding initiatives and programs across all lines of TA work including professional associations, campus, new graduate and experienced hires.
- Manage and lead policy and process design and/or updates ensuring strong collaboration with other impacted HR and business functions.
- Act as a Lead and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our Applicant Tracking System (Oracle) and related vendor programs ensuring our systems are used to their full capacity.
- Lead various projects related to such topics as talent branding, DEI, talent build programs, Candidate attraction and search agency management.
- Collaborate with Director, Talent Acquisition and Global Mobility on special projects and initiatives.
What you'll bring
- 8+ years' experience in progressive talent attraction related positions, including 2+ years of in-house leadership experience within an organization with an established TA function.
- Experience managing and providing guidance to teams.
- The ability to build strong partnerships with Senior Executives and front-line Hiring Managers.
- Solution based mindset to manage challenges yet successfully implement the long term improvements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible attitude, open-minded, comfortable with fast-pace and change.
- Many years of proven experience recruiting key talent, including at the Executive level in large diverse organizations.
- A good understanding of the interconnected functions of HR and have proven experience building strong relationships with TA, HR Business Partners, Total Rewards and other HR disciplines.
- Experience recruiting International Candidates and supporting the immigration and relocation process in collaboration with Global Mobility Team Members and Vendors. In depth experience with Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud or any related HR system implementation and management.
Why you'll love working here
- This is a full-time, permanent position. With multiple operations and long-term projects, Seaspan employees enjoy job stability as we look ahead to build ships for decades to come.
- In addition to an annual bonus and pension plan matching, this role provides you a very competitive salary in line with the successful candidate's experience.
- Parking is included and to assist those that are using transit, we operate a complimentary shuttle bus Monday through Friday with various pick up and drop off points around North Vancouver.
- We also provide a best-in-class health and wellness benefits package for this position, including such things as full health care (e.g. unlimited physiotherapy), dental, vision, life insurance, medical leave coverage, parental leave coverage, childcare benefit partnership, wellness/fitness reimbursement for memberships or registration fees, free on-site gym, and an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
The estimated salary for this position is $117,000 - $143,000. In determining final salary, Seaspan considers many factors including the successful Candidate's skillset and experience as well as position location and internal equity. The final base salary offer will be at the Company's sole discretion and presented as part of a competitive total compensation package.