If you are passionate about using your creativity and marketing experience to serve, connect and enable the BC Jewish community and beyond, look no further... Come join our team!
Why work for the Jewish Federation:
Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver is the central planning, convening, facilitating, and fundraising organization for the local Jewish community and works collaboratively with more than three dozen partner organizations, unifying their work. Together, we touch the lives of thousands of community members - locally, in our partnership region in Israel, and around the world
- We help improve the lives of those in need, locally, in Israel and around the world.
- We have a sincere and warm workplace culture based on the values of caring, excellence, collaboration and efficiency.
- We are committed to serving, connecting and enabling the communities where we live.
- We encourage internal training and development, and the opportunity to grow your career.
- We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for elevating Jewish Federation's online presence through the execution of digital marketing initiatives, content creation, and social media support. Collaborating closely with the Associate Director of Marketing & Communications, your role involves elevating our organization's online presence, fostering community engagement, and crafting compelling content. Reporting directly to the Associate Director, you'll partner in developing strategic marketing and communications initiatives that help the organization achieve its goals on behalf of the community.
- Generates content and leads digital marketing, advertising (e.g. Google ads, Facebook ads) and communications initiatives for the organization as part of the overall integrated Marketing and Communications plan, ensuring that these align with organizational strategic priorities and deliver on organizational strategic goals.
- Collaborates in the creation of comprehensive marketing plans and materials to promote organizational initiatives.
- Responsible for writing, editing and scheduling of eblasts, email solicitation, and other electronic communications through email marketing programs and CRM.
- Social Media creation and distribution of high quality, original digital content. Managing approximately 20 social media accounts.
- Managing and updating Jewish Federation's websites and responsible for continual data-driven improvements to our websites to ensure the highest quality functionality, look, and user experience.
- Supervises social media associate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in a relevant discipline (marketing, communications, digital marketing, journalism) plus 3-5 years of relevant marketing and communications experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Strong creative skills with an eye for design and aesthetics. Experience using Canva or other design tool to generate high quality, compelling graphics.
- Highly collaborative and experienced in working on multiple projects and with cross-functional teams.
- Proven understanding of latest digital marketing trends, including search engine optimization, website development and ongoing management, social media management, digital advertising and online measurement tools.
- Strong familiarity with MailChimp or other email marketing service, Hootsuite or similar social media management tool and CRM/database such as Blackbaud.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data and provide insights to improve digital marketing efforts.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team while in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- Familiarity with Jewish culture, heritage, and philanthropy is a plus. You do not have to be Jewish to work here.
Compensation and Benefits Package:
- Starting salary range: $52,000-$68,000
- This position is based in Vancouver. Hybrid available
- 3 weeks paid holiday
- Jewish Holidays
- RRSP match program
- Extended health benefits
- Early closures Friday
The Jewish Federation is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. We value diversity in the workplace and believe our work is stronger when it benefits from the experience and knowledge of a diverse team.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume with cover letter. Tell us how you can use your skills to benefit our team and our community!
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.