Westcan Advanced Communications Solutions has successfully deployed, maintained, and serviced Mission Critical and Public Safety voice networks, Coverage Enhancement Solutions, Wireless Broadband Networks and engineered Microwave Backhaul in the Western Canadian marketplace since 1977. Westcan employs experienced, APEGA certified engineers and professional project managers (PMP) to support Western Canada's largest staff of factory-trained and certified technicians. These extensive resources provide our Heavy Industrial, Mining, Energy, Public Safety and Government customers with the experience and expertise to design, build and maintain complex, integrated wireless communications systems that provide the safety and reliability demanded by their operations.
We are currently accepting applications for a Senior Account Executive to join our team. This position is based out of our Edmonton or Calgary office.
The Sales Department is seeking an experienced Senior Account Executive to join our team and drive sales of advanced wireless communications systems in Western Canada. The primary focus of this role will be to promote and sell our comprehensive range of solutions, including Digital Mobile Radio Systems, PLTE, MCPTT wireless infrastructure for SCADA and IoT solutions, and underground communication systems. The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in sales and account management within the Mining, Oil & Gas, Heavy Industrial, and Utilities sectors. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key customers, identifying new business opportunities, and achieving sales targets.
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop and execute a strategic sales plan to achieve sales targets for advanced wireless communication systems in Western Canada.
- Identify and target key customers in the Public Safety, Mining, Oil & Gas, Heavy Industrial, and Utilities sectors and establish long-term relationships.
- Actively prospect and generate leads through various channels, including industry events, referrals, cold calling, and networking.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis of customer needs, industry trends, and competitor activities to customize sales strategies and solutions.
- Present and demonstrate our advanced wireless communication systems to key decision-makers, showcasing the value and benefits of our solutions.
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales proposals and quotations, addressing customer requirements and ensuring alignment with company pricing guidelines.
- Negotiate and close sales contracts, working closely with the internal teams to ensure successful implementation and customer satisfaction.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts, reports, and market intelligence to sales management, contributing to the development of effective sales strategies.
- Collaborate with the technical and support teams to ensure timely resolution of customer inquiries, issues, and escalations.
- Stay up to date with industry advancements, market trends, and competitive landscape related to advanced wireless communication systems.
- Assist with all other duties as required.
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum 10 years Sales and Account Management.
- Proven track record or achieving sales targets and generate new business.
- Deep understanding of the Mining, Oil & Gas, Heavy Industrial, and Utilities Sectors.
- Experience in telecommunications is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Presentation and Negotiations skills.
- Self-motivated and Result Driven.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to changing business demands.
- Reliable and dependable
- Willingness to travel frequently within Western Canada
- Familiarity with the solutions from the following OEMs would be an asset: GE MDS, Motorola, Tait, L3Harris, Avtec, Codan, Becker Mining Solutions, Cambium, 4RF, Reline.
- Knowledge of the features, capabilities, and competitive advantages of these OEM solutions.
- Familiarity with SCADA solutions.
- Ability to effectively position and differentiate our solutions in comparison to competitor offerings.
What do we have to offer?
- Compensation will include a base salary along with a commission structure based on achieving sales and margin targets. The On-Target Earnings for this role are $180,000 per year.
- Participation in the Family Extended Health Benefits program cost to be shared between employer and employee.
- Participation in the RRPS matching program.
If you are a driven and experienced sales professional looking for an exciting opportunity to sell cutting-edge wireless communication systems, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume and cover letter.