Starting wage range: $18-$22/hr
Location: Guelph, ON or Calgary, AB
Term length: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Trout Unlimited Canada (TUC) is a science-based, national, charitable conservation organization emphasizing stream restoration. Founded in 1972 in response to challenges to freshwater fisheries by focusing on volunteer-driven, science-based resource conservation, and hands-on activities. Our mission is ?to conserve, protect and restore Canada's freshwater ecosystems and their coldwater resources for current and future generations?. Our programs have a watershed focus and are implemented directly by staff and through the engagement of our local chapters, volunteers, and partners. Our programs and projects focus on assessment, monitoring, and restoration work on freshwater systems, ensuring healthy water quality and quantity, healthy habitats, and freshwater fish communities.
Trout Unlimited Canada is looking for an enthusiastic & creative individual with a strong background in social media and digital content marketing. Under the direction of the Marketing and Communications Director, the Social Media and Digital Content Specialist will develop & maintain a social media marketing calendar, write copy and create content, analyze data and process information into actionable content creation, maintain and update all external digital communications such as company website and social media. This individual is creative, organized, adaptable to changing priorities, enjoys working with a team, and is collaborative.
- Maintain and develop Social Media calendar and Optimize company feeds
- Develop new tactics and strategies to expand our audience and engagement
- Create, edit, publish, and share content for our educational programs, workshops, events, volunteer opportunities, program updates, and new releases, ad hoc asks
- Identify trends and opportunities and create content based on those trends
- Identify shareable partner content from other organizations and TUC Chapters
- Integrate social media with campaigns strategically & assist with brand development
- Capture and analyze data, metrics, insights, and best practices and act on information
- Maintain and update company website, and social media pages, updating Link Tree and Shopify
- Organize, execute, attend, and/or facilitate educational and outreach events
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- A college diploma or undergraduate degree in a related field is required
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Facebook, IG, Twitter and LinkedinUnderstanding of SEO and web traffic metrics, Google Analytics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software and computer systems
- Detail-oriented, comfortable with deadlines, and excellent time management and communication
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
Additional Preferred Qualifications :
- Eligibility for Canada Summer Jobs, ECO Canada, or other wage subsidy programs an asset
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, WordPress & Virtuous is considered an asset
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Canva, and Lightroom is considered an asset
- Background in science or science communication is considered an asset
A resume and cover letter are mandatory, portfolio is an asset
Deadline for Submission: 2/4/24
Trout Unlimited Canada is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental ability, or financial status.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Trout Unlimited Canada; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.