ELEMENTARY TEACHERS' FEDERATION OF ONTARIO
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE IN-HOUSE EDITOR (.5) AND EVENT SERVICES (.5)
(Temporary position for 3 months with possible extension)
The successful candidate will:
Provide confidential senior administrative support, including, but not limited to:
- Liaise with executive staff, local presidents, local members, and school board officials on a daily basis ensuring professionalism at all times
- Answer/screen telephone calls in a courteous, professional, and timely manner ensuring the confidentiality of conversations and information
- Creating and maintaining accurate databases related to the assigned area of responsibility with the ability to retrieve and manipulate data quickly and efficiently.
- In conjunction with the conference liaison, coordinate travel, release time, hotel arrangements, materials, a/v requirements, registration fees, and meals for participants for meetings, workshops, courses, conferences, etc.
- Assist committee and other meetings, booking meeting rooms, ordering food/drinks, and follow-up
- Other duties as assigned by the manager or designate, including, but not limited to catering and reception relief
Skills required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly to change, and develop new skills
- Ability to communicate positively with staff members, political, and organizational representatives, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Advanced Windows and Office 365 skills: Access; PowerPoint; Excel, as well as ability to learn new software as required
- Ability to safely lift approximately 10 lbs or more
Applications, including a cover letter and resume must be submitted quoting posting #202324-07 in the subject line.
ETFO is an equal-opportunity employer. As such, it encourages groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions in the Federation. Individuals are encouraged to self-identify.
ETFO is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities and accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 416-962-3836 or etfohr @etfo.org.
Job Types : Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $66,800.00-$84,600.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person