Marketing & Events Lead
Who We Are
Sidekick Brewing is located in Chilliwack, BC on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish People, including the Stó:l? Nation.
We're searching for a Marketing & Events Lead to join our team! We believe that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and experiences is the key to growing our community. That means we value inclusion, collaboration, and curiosity as our way of engaging with staff and our wider community. For more about us, our mission, vision, and values, check out our website at sidekickbrewing.com.
Sidekick is also the newest brewery in Chilliwack, one of the fastest growing cities in Canada with its stunning lakes, rivers, and mountain views, plenty of outdoor activities, and comparable affordability in BC. Having opened October 2022, we've already won beer awards in some of the most competitive categories, won silver for The Growler's ?Best New Brewery?, and been shortlisted for the Canadian Brewers Choice New Brewery of the Year award.
What You'll Do
The Marketing & Events Lead will be working closely alongside the ownership and management team to put hands and feet to the Sidekick brand-attracting folks near and far to Sidekick's location and distributed products. We're seeking an enthusiastic, experienced, and organized individual who's ready to dive into all aspects of marketing and contribute to the growth of our brand.
This includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
Strategic Planning Support
- Partner with ownership to develop comprehensive marketing plans to promote our brand and products that ladder up to the overall vision and strategies developed by ownership-and then execute on them
- Manage the marketing budget efficiently, ensuring a strong ROI on all marketing investments
- Oversee our online presence, including website management, social media marketing, email campaigns, and SEO efforts
- Develop and execute social media strategies to enhance brand presence across platforms
- Build and nurture relationships with our online community and industry influencers, responding to comments and messages in a timely and personable manner
- Oversee Google review program by increasing review numbers, responding to each google review and resolving any negative comments
- Develop relationships with industry leaders, accounts, and event organizers to create opportunities for collaboration to drive business-to-business and end-consumer interaction with our products.
- Create engaging and relevant content for various marketing channels, including website, social media, newsletters, and promotional materials
- Produce high-quality and visually appealing content, including graphics, photos, and videos, to showcase our brewery's products and events
- Build and execute online campaigns to encourage user-generated content and community participation
- Collaborate with the brewing, kitchen and taproom teams to capture behind-the-scenes moments and highlight our uniqueness
- Organize and promote engaging Taproom events that drive consistent foot traffic to the Taproom, build brand loyalty, and contribute to Sidekick achieving our business goals
- Stay informed about industry trends, consumer preferences, and competitor activities
- Use data-driven insights to refine marketing plans
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills with a detail-oriented mindset
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Creative mindset with a keen eye for visual aesthetics
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills
- Ability to cultivate excitement and rally people around an idea
- Familiarity with craft beer and the craft beer scene in Western Canada is a plus
- Proficiency in Canva for content creation and a knack for great content creation
- Proficiency in Google Workspace for file management and document creation
- Proven experience in social media management and digital marketing, preferably in the craft beer or hospitality industry
- Expert knowledge of various social media platforms and trends
- Professionalism coupled with a laid-back attitude-we value creativity and a sense of fun!
Job Type : Contract
This is a 3-month contract position of 30-35 hours per week with potential to become a permanent Sidekick employee based upon performance. The wage band for this role is $21-26 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications. The role is hybrid with an expectation of being on location at least 2-3 days a week.
Sidekick strives to be a safe place for women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+/2S, immigrants, and folks from other marginalized communities to thrive. Everyone has their own unique talents-even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications or attributes above, we encourage you to apply.
Please apply with a polished resume, cover letter, and any portfolio samples (e.g. Instagram accounts you have or do manage, photography samples, website, etc.).