Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is a global, luxury hotel management company. We manage over 120 hotels and resorts and 50 private residences in 47 countries around the world and growing.
Central to Four Seasons employee experience and social impact programming is the company's commitment to supporting cancer research, and the advancement of diversity, inclusion, equality and belonging at Four Seasons corporate offices and properties worldwide. At Four Seasons, we are powered by people and our culture enables everything we do.
The role of Manager, Employee Communications is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned and creative internal communications professional to support employees of the world's leading luxury hospitality company. Working in the fast-paced, dynamic environment of Four Seasons global headquarters in Toronto, the Manager, Employee Communications will be a key contributor to the Internal Communications function.
As a member of Four Seasons Internal Communications team, the Manager, Employee Communications will help to shape a compelling narrative around our investments in the employee experience. They will also support the development and execution of internal communications plans to support our ESG and Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging activities, as well as broad reaching Operations initiatives. The successful candidate will also support the continued enhancement of our content and channels strategy through ongoing measurement and assessment of our internal communications channels and editorial approach.
What You'll Be doing:
Execution and development of internal communications plans to support the following global activities
- People and Culture initiatives including Employee Survey, Performance Management Cycle, Employee Promise, Total Rewards, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, etc.
- ESG efforts now formally known as Four Seasons for Good.
- Operations communications including Lead With Care
- Corporate office communications including support to our Engagement Committees and Corporate Services teams.
Content and Channels
- Lead editorial content development and management for our global Viva Engage Communities.
- Maintain guidelines and governance around internal communications processes.
- Support the ongoing measurement and analysis of our channel performance.
- Overall accountability for our internal communications calendar
- Execution of our weekly global newsletter The Check In
Other duties as assigned
- Including support of internal events (i.e., Town Halls, Leader events, etc.) and working outside of a traditional 9 to 5 p.m. as required to support a global organization.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Qualified candidates will have 7+ years of progressive experience working in an internal or corporate communications role, ideally for a global organization.
- Outstanding ability to analyze business problems and requirements and then develop and communicate meaningful and effective solutions and strategies in a clear, well-organized manner.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
- Ability to communicate across geographies, using clear and inclusive language.
- Exceptional writing skills - must be able to tell compelling stories to drive action.
- Advanced knowledge internal communications tools and platforms (i.e., Viva Engage)
- Advance knowledge of MS Office tools including PowerPoint, SharePoint
Who You Are:
- Analytical; skilled in providing consultation on possible solutions/approaches and influencing outcomes.
- Strategic thinker and ability to express ideas proactively in a clear, well-organized manner, strong storytelling abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Highly collaborative and a good listener
- Strong commitment to working as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Proactive and self-motivated
All internal applications must be submitted and approved in Workday by February 7th, 2024.
This role will be a Hybrid working model, which will require 3 days per week in the Four Seasons Corporate Office located at 1165 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario #LI-Hybrid
Four Seasons is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.