IndigPro is a 100% Indigenous owned marketing agency, right here on Treaty #1 territory, the ancestral and traditional homeland of Anishinaabe peoples. We are one of the fastest growing Indigenous organizations in Manitoba. We provide a range of services that include web design and software development, digital marketing, social media management, graphic design, branding and creative, marketing strategy and implementation, video and photography, and print production. Our aim is to support businesses and communities driving change.
This full-time Senior Software Developer role is an on-site position, located in Winnipeg, MB. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of software in a team-oriented environment. Daily tasks include overseeing the software development lifecycle, estimating project timelines and managing the projects, developing high-quality code, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. You thrive working online and love the challenge of working with new technology and software. You are outgoing, you love to share ideas and be around creative people. As a Senior Software Developer, you'll bring our clients' vision to fruition with various creative projects.
Senior Software Developer Essential Responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of Responsive Development and Mobile First approach to theme development
- In depth PHP knowledge is required
- A conceptual thinker who can develop big ideas
- Detail-oriented, even under tight time constraints
- Collaborative, open-minded, and comfortable participating in critiques
- Self-motivated to continuously learn and try new things
- Manage timelines and deliverables, production, and communicate evolving project goals
- Create web applications with rich user interfaces that integrate with server-side logic.
- Develop and maintain performant, reusable code for various web components.
- Troubleshoot and debug web applications.
- Redesign existing processes while maintaining a thoughtful user experience.
- Contribute to the implementation of CI/CD flows.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, designers, and other technical teams to iterate on features.
- Engage with team members in peer code reviews.
- Manage own work with minimal oversight and proactively communicate status and risks to leadership.
- Write technical documentation.
- Create unit and integration tests that can help identify regressions.
- Participate in regular team and project status meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Programming, or any related field. An equivalent combination of experience and education can be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience in a professional setting, including at least 2 years of experience in a Senior Developer role
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Experience with building APIs
- Experience in developing web applications and database design and management
- Demonstrable experience in working on large-scale software development projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, and collaboration skills
- Experience in the marketing or advertising industry is a plus
What IndigPro offers
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Company virtual or in-person events
- Opportunity for growth, development and promotions
- Health-coverage Plans
- Hybrid considerations after 3-months
- Flexible work environment
How to Apply
Send your resume. Only the applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your interest in Indigpro.
IndigPro is an equal opportunity employer, fostering a more diverse and inclusive culture in the marketing and advertising industry. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, disabilities, age or veteran status. We encourage YOU to apply if you are qualified for this role.
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 9th, 2024.