Job Title: Business Development Lead
Location: Alberta, Canada (with potential for impactful international engagement)
About ICChange: ICChange stands as a beacon in the non-profit realm, pioneering transformative approaches to address global social challenges and innovations. Based in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, our ethos revolves around marrying innovation with social entrepreneurship to uplift vulnerable populations worldwide. We tackle complex challenges in health, water, energy, nutrition, education, and economic development, aiming to create a ripple effect of positive change across communities. We champion sustainable, community-centric solutions, reshaping the landscape of social impact and humanitarian aid.
Our work has impacted millions globally through programs such as: KIMSSEA, an innovative education, enablement, and entrepreneurship/maker space outside Nairobi, Kenya; CeraMaji, a ceramic water filter initiative to bring access to clean potable water in rural areas and informal settlements in East Africa; Kibera Medical Records Initiative, a program for electronic health records for slum dwellers; Kenya Trauma and Injury Program, a comprehensive trauma and injury program supported by academic and government partners; and Solar Oxygen Labs, an initiative to bring access to reliable, off-grid oxygen in rural settings across Africa among many others.
The Opportunity: As the Business Development Lead at ICChange, you will play a pivotal role in driving the organization's growth and impact. This position involves a dynamic blend of business development, project development, fund development, networking, ideation, and marketing. You will be instrumental in advancing ICChange's portfolio of initiatives, the innovation lab, and our impact practice.
- Business Development: Identify and develop new business opportunities that align with ICChange's mission and objectives. Build and maintain strong relationships with potential partners, funders, and stakeholders.
- Project Development: Lead the planning and execution of projects from conception to completion. Ensure projects are aligned with our mission and are executed effectively.
- Fund Development: Design and implement fundraising strategies. Write grant proposals and engage with donors to secure funding for various initiatives.
- Networking: Build and sustain a network of contacts in the social enterprise and not-for-profit sectors. Represent ICChange at relevant events and conferences.
- Ideation: Foster a culture of innovation within the team. Encourage creative thinking and the development of new ideas that can be turned into viable projects or initiatives.
- Marketing: Develop and execute marketing strategies to enhance ICChange's visibility and impact. This includes creating compelling pitch-decks and promotional materials.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with other team members and departments to ensure a cohesive approach to business development and project management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development, preferably in a not-for-profit or social enterprise context.
- Strong understanding of project management principles and experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of developing successful partnerships and securing funding.
- Creative thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about social change and committed to the mission of ICChange.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of social change, within a dynamic and forward-thinking team.
- A platform for personal and professional growth and to develop and support ideas in an environment that values innovation, social entrepreneurship and real-world impact.
- A competitive compensation package, reflective of your role in driving meaningful change.
Apply Now: Send your resume and a cover letter that passionately conveys your fit for this transformative role by Feb 15, 2024.
ICChange is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, especially those who share our dedication to social innovation and making a positive impact on the world.