*YOU MUST APPLY DIRECTLY AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ROLE DESCRIPTION*
The Events & Engagement Specialist will manage the coordination and production of a number of events, culminating with a celebration gala in April 2025 to celebrate the Nature Trust's 30th Anniversary year. This position will work closely with the Nature Trust team to create a series of community engagement events and activities to profile the Nature Trust's work and to share our conservation successes to date. Engagement events are primarily outdoor activities and will range from guided hikes for the public to boat trips for key donors to spectacular coastal islands, to virtual educational events for volunteers. We have so much to celebrate, and with a roster of community events this year, leading to the return of our first gala event since 2019, we're excited to share our conservation achievements with the public, donors, and partners who have made it all possible. This position will coordinate approximately six community engagement events in 2024, scheduled from April through October, and then the 30th Anniversary Gala in April 2025.
We anticipate that this position would require 20 hours per week with a contract extending to fall 2025.
The ideal candidate is creative, detail-oriented, a strong logistics coordinator and dedicated to providing superb service at every turn, including budget management, venue coordination, equipment logistics, site setups, and event best practices. Our ideal candidate also has demonstrated sponsorship experience, excellent leadership skills and an ability to delegate responsibilities to meet expectations for quality, maintaining our reputation for exceptional events and memorable guest experiences.
- Coordinate venue details and promotional requirements for community engagement events including site selection, event features, participant tracking and records management
- Manage the Gala event sponsorship program to achieve financial targets, including cultivation, solicitation, negotiation, benefit fulfillment, reporting, and stewardship
- Support the development of event design concepts and décor
- Assist in creating the guest journey for all events to mitigate risk and establish contingency plans
- Manage post-event donor stewardship and impact reporting in collaboration with internal teams
- Work closely with Volunteer Services to manage volunteer recruitment, training, and execution for all events
- Manage the budget, contracts, and logistics for donor stewardship events, working closely with the Development team to define objectives, event concepts, invitation processes, and volunteer requirements
- Work closely with the Donor Services and Finance teams on data management, payment processing, tax receipting, and donor inquiries
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in event management or event coordination for large scale events ($100,000+ revenue) in a not-for-profit or corporate environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute an effective sponsorship strategy including identifying sponsorship opportunities, negotiating agreements, tracking and delivering benefits, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver successful high-quality, engaging, creative, brand-appropriate events.
- Experience working with colleagues in graphic design, sponsorship, marketing, and communications.
- Proficient use of MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational, communication, negotiating, and multitasking skills.
- On-site event management and troubleshooting.
- Established project management skills to oversee all aspects of events, including budgeting, logistics, and timelines.
- A commitment to maintaining high standards of quality and accuracy in all event-related materials, communications, and deliverables, even when working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and the ability to be flexible around changing priorities.
- Proven capability to remain composed and make effective decisions when facing tight deadlines, unexpected challenges, or high-pressure situations.
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Experience with donor databases such as Raiser's Edge an asset.
This position requires a combination of office and community work. Some engagement events will be held in communities outside of HRM and will require periodic travel. Nature Trust staff work in a hybrid environment and the Events and Engagement Specialist will have the option of working from the Nature Trust office and / or remotely.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to providing a positive, collaborative working environment, and support a healthy work-life balance, a hybrid work model and flexible work hours.HOW TO APPLY
Please include a current resume and a cover letter clearly articulating your relevant knowledge and experience, and why you are interested in the position. We want to learn about you! Send your application materials (please send resume and cover letter as one document). Recruitment for this position will continue until the role is filled, and we hope that will be as soon as possible. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates. We greatly appreciate your interest in the work of the Nature Trust!
If you require accommodations for the application process and/or interview, please notify us in advance.