Sangeetha discovered DIVERSITY working at TJX
Interacting with our diverse Associates is part of Sangeetha's everyday role. When you work with us, you too will be part of our dynamic culture where every day will be full of new opportunities to bring fresh ideas?and a whole lot of fun!
What you'll discover
Eligible Associates can look forward to:
- State-of-the-art amenities at our eco-friendly Home Office. Take a tour HERE
- One-of-a-kind, inclusive culture
- Benefits that take effect your first day
- Dedicated training and on-the-job resources to enhance your development
- Three weeks' vacation with option to buy an additional week through our Vacation Trade Program
- Tuition reimbursement to support your career progression
- Merchandise discount for yourself and eligible family members at all TJX Canada stores
- Associate and Family Assistance Program to support healthy living
What you'll do
It's safe to say, there's no shortage of variety in what we do. Here are some key responsibilities of the role:
- Accountable for successful end-to-end operational training delivery, develops impactful onboarding programs for DC supervisors, and organizes engaging associate activities across our Distribution Centers.
- Accountable for creating and executing communication strategies aligned with TJX Canada for all DS associates, including hourly, salaried, temporary agency, and leadership teams.
- Accountable for delivering prompt and impactful progress updates on Training, Communication, and Associate Experience programs and strategies to DS leadership. Leads cross-functional meetings with direct reports and Leaders. Supports the DC Operations Trainers and Communication and Experience Manager, providing direction and guidance on day-to-day activities and projects; reviews performance and provides feedback, mentors, trains and acts as a resource to answer questions and discuss best practices,
- Collaborates and consults with DS Leadership teams to define training needs and identify critical gaps, resource opportunities and develop strategic plans to execute and achieve business requirements. Develops and manages relationship with business partners to ensure training, communication and associate experience are supported to meet identified business needs,
- Accountable to review and approve all major contracts (venue, production elements, sourcing, etc.); and proactively oversee all aspects of budgets, monitoring progress and expenditures, use of POs etc. related to associate experience activities. Training: Leads the development and implementation of operational training plans including setting milestones, identifying required resources, establishing interdependencies & cross functional timelines, to ensure training objectives are delivered on-time and within budget while maintaining minimal disruption to the business.
What you'll need
To begin your career with us, you'll have:
- Minimum seven (7) years progressive experience in Distribution/ Supply Chain (in retail or similar business) with five (5) years of related management experience.
- Post-secondary education in Business or related field preferred; labour relations experience considered an asset.
- Completed or working towards certificate in Adult Learning; experienced in adult learning and facilitation techniques.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience working in learning and development including methods, practices, development.
- Excellent communication skills, facilitation/presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams with various needs and objectives, experienced in creating communication messages and plans and participating/leading meetings/presentations.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to act as a collaborative partner with senior management and positively influence management and staff to act in the best interest of the Company.
- Excellent management skills including organizational skills; interviewing skills; negotiating skills, including conflict management; and information gathering including active listening skills.
- Application closing date: January 26th,2024
- Internal TJX Associates: please review this opportunity with your direct supervisor or manager prior to submitting an application. In order to be considered, please attach your completed Internal Candidate Endorsement Form to your application.
Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. By becoming a member of our TJX Canada family, you'll have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people across our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores (Winners, HomeSense, Marshalls) and our Office locations. Are you ready to Discover Different?
Here at TJX Canada, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals.