Do you want to be a part of a global team whose mission is to be the leading specialist in electric power switching, protection, and control by creating innovative solutions that are easily applied and provide the best long-term value? We help companies like Bruce Power, Toronto Hydro, Hydro Quebec, and many others keep the lights on for their customers.
We design, assemble, provide post-sales support and everything in between. Our business is fostered around our core values of personal integrity, respect for people, commitment to excellence and responsible stewardship. We are happy to share that we are a landfill free company. We take our commitment to our Team Members, Customers, and the environment seriously.
S&C is continuing to grow. Where do you come in? We are looking for a student enrolled in HR Management, Employment Relations or similar field, who has a passion for innovation and in their field of expertise, enjoys working as part of a team and are committed to helping us become a leader in our industry.
Work Term : Winter 2024 (Feb - April)
Work Arrangement : Hybrid ( 37.5 hours per week): 2-3 days per week in the office (Etobicoke)
As an HR Assistant - Talent Acquisition (TA) (Co-op) you will report to the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist. The ideal candidate will have an interest in Human Resources as well as attention to detail and excellent interpersonal, time-management and communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to gain experience in Human Resources.
As an HR Assistant - TA you will;
- Drive post-offer and onboarding process.
- Assist with full cycle campus recruitment - co-op and summer students.
- Support with recruitment for production roles .
- Process timecards and payments for contingent team members.
- Support with planning of outreach activities and S&C summer career fair.
- Provide support for TA & HR Projects. Support with the creation of interview guides and materials .
Who are we looking for? Someone who has
- Post-secondary student enrolled in Human Resources Management, Employment Relations, or a similar field .
- Eligible for a 4-8 month co-op work term.
- Attention to detail and e xcellent interpersonal, time-management, and customer service skills.
- Good computer skills: Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally in all written and verbal communications.
- Familiar with HCM and ATS is an added advantage. A team player who is also able to work independently with minimum supervision.
In return you will have access to...
- Subsidized Public Transit Program Discounted Grab N Go Convenience (Food & Beverage)
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.'s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.