Title: Social Media Specialist
Location: Toronto, ON (Hybrid)
Engagement : Full-Time Contract (12 Months)
ABOUT NEW METRIC MEDIA
Based in Toronto, New Metric Media is an award-winning independent entertainment studio specializing in building comedy brands across tv production, live entertainment, distribution, merchandising and licensing. Recipient of Playback's 2022 Production Company of the Year award and the Banff World Media Festival's 2018 Innovative Producer Award, the company's slate of programming includes the hit Crave/Hulu original comedy Letterkenny, the Crave/Hulu Letterkenny spinoff series Shoresy, the CTV/CW half-hour comedy series Children Ruin Everything, as well as the all-new half-hour Crave comedy series Bria Mack Gets A Life. New Metric Media is recognized as a leader in 360 degree brand marketing and its success with Letterkenny off-screen extensions, including beer and whisky, collectible merchandise and Letterkenny LIVE!, a sold-out North American theatre tour featuring the stars of the series.
New Metric Media is seeking a Social Media Specialist who is passionate about TV to join our team. This role will build and amplify the love for our comedy brands across Facebook, X, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social media channels. The successful candidate will work on a select portfolio of our brands to manage and execute a social media marketing strategy, including content and calendar creation, community management, posting and analytics. As well as additional project management initiatives for our brands. This role is a hybrid role with 1-2 in-office days per week.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :
- Develop and execute social media strategies to increase engagement and awareness and grow our social media communities.
- Manage the day-to-day social calendars and execute the drafting, scheduling and publishing of social media content for a portfolio of social channels.
- Create and curate an inventory of compelling social content, including text, image and video.
- Monitor social channels for opportunities for interactions with users, building highly engaged fanbases.
- Work with the marketing team and each brand's GM & Producer to maintain brand vision, create content strategies and identify new opportunities for social.
- Be the expert on the brands you work on. Know them inside out.
- Stay up to date on trends, changes, and news and share the information with the marketing team, New Metric team, and project stakeholders.
- Track and analyze the performance and results of campaigns and initiatives, brand health, and audience preferences. Build social reports and present key takeaways.
- Engage audiences online while adhering to required guidelines and regulations.
- Other marketing duties as required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in social media marketing within media, film/tv or advertising.
- TV superfan (we'd love it if you're familiar with our shows!)
- Demonstrated experience in managing social media accounts and driving engagement and growth.
- Creative mindset and ability to develop innovative, engaging and shareable social content.
- Deep understanding of various social media platforms, their algorithms and best practices.
- Experience using social media management tools (such as Sprout Social), analytics platforms and scheduling tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail. Ability to create compelling content for different platforms and adapt writing to a brand's tone of voice.
- Highly organized proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently, manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Basic video editing and photoshop skills.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (only applications submitted via email will be reviewed). In your cover letter, please let us know what drew you to New Metric Media and this role. Bonus points: are you a fan of one (or all!) of our shows? Tell us why!