The role of the EVP, Business Solutions is to guide the Business Solutions team in delivering industry-leading service in all key areas, including: marketing, consumer and channel insights, creative and effective channel planning, buy implementation and analysis, and account stewardship. The EVP will use their knowledge of traditional and emerging media platforms and strategies to ensure a comprehensive marketing approach to plan development. They will ensure best practices are developed and implemented across all areas. They will build and maintain relationships based on trust across all appropriate client levels but the focus is on the VP/CMO levels, media partners, partner agencies, and between agency departments.
The EVP will oversee the professional growth of the team through balanced project management, and the effective use of HMI tools and resources.
The EVP will also serve an advocate for the agency and their clients' brands within the industry, and will serve within HMLP's Exec Team.
With this being an Executive position, there is an expectation to partner and work closely with other senior HMLP executives on delivering and improving the financial position of the organization.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
40% - Client Relations
20% - Strategic Leadership
15% - Team Development
10% - Stewardship
10% - Agency Operations
5% - Fiscal Accountability & Oversight
- Advance the client relationship by maintaining positive rapport and champions trust
- Lead Business Solutions team's understanding of client's business and uncovering of motivations/needs
- Collaborate with EVP, General Manager on strategic marketing approach, guiding translation of client goals to the Business Solutions team, activation teams and media partners
- Seek new media solutions to deliver on clients' goals and evaluate current health of client business via analysis of relevant business metrics (ROI, A/S)
- Tap into HMI resources/tools and collaborate with partner agencies to offer clients holistic business solutions
- Manage professional team growth by instilling media principles, administering performance reviews, and guiding development of deliverables
- Develop internal and external processes and cadence for streamlined and timely work flow
- Responsible for agency revenue and profitability
- Have a thorough understanding of client contracts, support development & renegotiation of said contracts, puts together contract proposals
- Partner with EVP, General Manager on staffing needs and plans
- Ensure collaboration with all internal Horizon teams (e.g., channel & consumer research) to ensure tasks are within contract scope and are executed properly
- Responsible and accountable for all plans and deliverables, and any following actions and outcomes
- Overseeing all members of the Business Solutions team to ensure consistent and high quality client deliverables, including the Strategy & Insights team
- Ensure Activation Team deliverables are aligned with media strategy and that Activation teams are well versed with knowledge of the client's business
- Manage performance reviews, coaching to maximize success, setting goals for career development
- Lead interview process for new candidates
Who You Are
- A strong writer, presenter and communicator; who can communicate complex ideas with ease
- A strong team leader with people management skills
- A self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively to bring ideas to completion
- A calculated risk taker with the foresight to understand implications
- Innately curious, with a hunger for proactive and creative problem solving
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback and opportunities for growth
- Confident in navigating conversations with senior leadership internally and externally
- Nimble and flexible with ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with marketing principles, problem solving, data and analytics
- Well versed in communicating with and presenting to clients regularly
- Able to thrive under pressure, driving success in deadline driven environments
- A supporter of and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion
Knowledge And Skills Required
- Minimum 12-15+ years of experience developing strategic media recommendations
- Strong Leadership skills and experience developing a team of media professionals
- Experience in a client relationship management role
- Familiar with marketing principles and problem solving and analytics
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
Certificates, licenses, and registrations
Physical Activity and Work Environment
- Work environment: hybrid
Horizon Media, Inc, the largest independent media agency in North America, delivers data-driven business outcomes for some of the world's most innovative and ambitious brands. Founded in 1989, headquartered in New York, and with offices in Los Angeles and Toronto, the company employs 2,400 people and has media investments of more than $9.5 billion. Horizon Media's fundamental belief is that business is personal, which drives its approach to connecting brands with their customers and engaging with its own employees resulting in industry-leading workplace satisfaction levels (Glassdoor). The company is consistently recognized by independent media outlets for its client excellence and has earned several "Best Workplaces" awards reflecting its commitment to DEI and the life and well-being of everyone at Horizon Media.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Applicants with disabilities who may need a reasonable accommodation during the interview/hiring process.