The Executive Assistant to the President & Chief Executive Officer is responsible for all administrative and secretarial services required by the President, supporting the effectiveness of the Executive Leadership team and providing oversight to the effective delivery of administrative services across the organization.
Key Responsibilities :
Coordination & Administration:
- Maintains a working administrative knowledge of the various business files, initiatives and contacts of the President & CEO to ensure appropriate response and follow-up providing administrative advice and reminders to ensure his/her efficient and effective management.
- Coordinates completion of various reports and documents including supporting the development of various management reports to the Board of Directors, the 5 year corporate plan and annual operating budget.
- Assists the President & CEO in maintaining an organized office and filing system and coordinates all filing of correspondence pertinent to the office of the President & CEO, including all travel arrangements and prepares expense claim reports.
- Coordinates the logistics of executive team meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events. Responsible for recording, preparing and distributing minutes of Port management internal meetings.
- Provides oversight to organization-wide administrative functions to ensure effective office operations and administrative services across the organization, and initiates projects and initiatives to improve the coordination, communication, and collaboration across the organization.
- Maintains and coordinates the President and CEO's calendar, coordinating the work schedules and calendars of executive management across the administrative team.
- Completes various corporate development initiatives and research assignments on behalf of the President & CEO.
- Coordinates business meetings, luncheons and other special functions, as requested.
Communication & Correspondence:
- Assists the President & CEO in maintaining the effective and smooth operation of the CEO's activities, schedules, and office administration.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports, and submissions for the President & CEO and other project teams to support effective communication and coordination of strategic initiatives as required.
- Facilitates communication from strategic project teams, department managers, business unit leaders, and project managers to strengthen organization alignment and coordination.
- Receives and monitors incoming mail, telephone calls and emails on behalf of the President & CEO to assist in the efficiency of communications. Reviews all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and makes edits as necessary. Refers and/or redirects calls, e-mails, or visitors to the appropriate Executive team member as required.
About You :
- Post-secondary education in business.
- Completion of administrative and/or legal secretary diploma an asset.
- Minimum five years' experience in industry.
Why Work With Us?:
The Prince Rupert Port Authority (PRPA) offers a diverse range of career opportunities. We are committed to upholding our corporate values in all business activities, and we provide PRPA employees with the following:
- A diverse and sustainable workforce that is representative of and reflects our community and stakeholders.
- A variety of medical and wellness benefits that celebrate employee's unique differences and support employees and their families at all stages of life.
- Whether it's to enjoy a sunny day in Prince Rupert, care for a family member, volunteer in the community, or travel out of town for a medical appointment, we respect your time away from work and offer various paid leave options.
- Continued learning opportunities and personal development to propel employee's careers.
- Frequent reviews of our compensation to ensure we remain competitive and aligned to industry standards.
The base compensation range for this position is $83,418 - $104,273
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging are at the heart of PRPA's culture and play a vital role in our growth strategy. We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels a sense of belonging and can contribute to their maximum potential. Our differences are the reason great things happen here. If you are an applicant in need of accommodations or special assistance throughout the interview process, please submit a request by email via Isarta.