Truffles Catering is in search of an experienced and highly motivated Operations Manager to join our talented team of people!
The Operations Manager reports to the General Manager (GM). Under the GM's direction, the Operations Manager is responsible for the execution of high-quality events, daily operations, leadership of staff, customer relations and other operations-based activities to deliver exceptional guest experience. The Operations Manager will be both a hands-on leader as well as a logical and organized thinker able to manage a complex and varied environment. The Operations Manager will be directly involved in the selection, supervision and support of the employee team communicating goals, processes, and policies, helping provide solutions for day-to-day problems supporting the growth and development of all management and team members building a strong culture.
Compensation: Salary range of $70,000-$75,000 per annum with a performance based quarterly and annual bonus.
Position Details: This position requires full-time availability including evenings and weekends, particularly through the spring and summer event season.
- Leads an operations team that comprises of drivers, event packers and large pool of on-call on-site service managers, servers, and bartenders.
- Is responsible for coordinating service elements and onsite execution of events from plans created by our Catering Managers, ensuring all client requests are communicated effectively.
- Attends or runs events to provide support to clients and operations and to assess areas of opportunity, ensuring client issues are handled with empathy and urgency and concerns are brought to the team's attention.
- Manages payroll and beverage costs within budget and historical guidelines.
- Maintains an adequate pool of staff to meet business requirements.
- Leads HR objectives within the FOH team through strong leadership; recruits, selects, trains, coaches and develops, undertakes performance management and progressive discipline as and when required with support from GM and other operational leadership.
- Overseeing of and development of training, scheduling, beverage management programs.
- Delivers a consistent and high-quality guest experience through excellent service team management, best practices, with focus on consistent quality to drive service results and create lasting experiences.
- Supports the GM and management team in planning and budgeting processes by providing top priorities in the areas of guest/customer experience, team quality, and sales & labour forecasting.
- With the support and involvement from other stakeholders ensures that all cash handling policies, health and safety requirements, building and equipment maintenance standards are meeting company and government standards in all aspects of operational and team day to day execution.
- Provides input and recommendations for new products and services by identifying new opportunities, pricing, packaging, and process changes; surveying consumer needs and trends and tracking competitors in market place.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new operational and leadership processes, participating in educational opportunities.
- Oversee facility and fleet vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Such other duties as are customarily performed by one holding the position of an Operations Manager in businesses that are similar to the Business.
- Such other and unrelated duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Employer.
Education, Skills and Qualifications :
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in similar environment
- Serving it Right and Food Safe certificates
- Own vehicle and valid driver's license
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in an events or banquet environment is an asset
The Truffles Group is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to Nadia Valckx, Recruitment & HR Generalist