Later is founded on two success stories that began in 2014: Mavrck, the industry-leading influencer marketing solution (now Later Influence?), and Later, the best social media management platform (now Later Social?) and first-to-market link in bio tool.
We're trusted by the top social platforms, with partnerships and integrations with Meta, TikTok, X/Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest.
In 2024, Mavrck and Later officially joined together as one unified business, with a shared vision: to enable the world to make a living with their creativity. We're now on a mission to build the world's first Social Revenue Platform.
Later will be the first inclusive platform where social media managers, influencer managers, and creators can come together to collaborate on content. We enable marketers to create high-performing content and engage in authentic collaborations with creators to reach new audiences, drive engagement, and generate predictable ROI.
As a trusted partner and go-to source for social media advice, we help create an engaged community for reliable performance and repeatable growth.
About this position:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Demand Generation, this role will lead our social media channels within the organization to develop a best-in-class social media program. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the brand's online presence and expanding our reach across social media platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in social media strategy, content creation, community management, and analytics tools, with a focus on driving engagement, brand awareness, and lead generation. Analytical skills are crucial for this role, as we need someone who can analyze performance data to improve our social media strategies. As a Senior Social Media Manager, you will play a crucial role in developing and executing social media campaigns that align with our company's objectives and resonate with our target audience. You should also have experience in managing a team and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
What you'll be doing:
Social Media Strategy
- Develop a comprehensive social strategy to foster and expand our large social community around our social media management and influencer marketing products, driving user engagement and brand awareness
- Work with the Social Content Lead to manage social calendars and cross-channel publishing schedules
- Monitor and analyze social media trends and insights to inform and refine the social media strategy on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with other departments (ex. PR, Editorial, Influencer Marketing, Creative) to manage and support campaigns
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI that align with our brand's vision and goals
Content Creation & Team Management
- Oversee the social and video team, which includes a Social Content Lead, Social Media Specialist, and Video Editor. Conduct weekly team meetings, 1:1's and engage in regular career development discussions
- Generate, edit and analyze content (original text, images, video, graphics, etc) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community member engagement
- Actively participate in the creation of social media content, including filming and editing videos for platforms like Instagram Reels and TikTok
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop compelling visuals and multimedia content
- Share the responsibility of the request intake process, editorial calendar, publishing, and reporting with the Social Content Lead
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience
- Own the evolution and strategy of our social tone of voice and messaging guidelines, ensuring our social work always lines up with Later's brand strategy & guidelines
- Optimize and maintain company pages across all social media platforms to ensure consistency and up-to-date information
- Curate user-generated content in line with our brand's guidelines and standards
- Monitor and document social media and video production budgets on an ongoing basis
- Lead and organize YouTube video shoots, ensuring efficient operations and high-quality output
- Write compelling YouTube scripts, alongside the rest of the social team, that align with our brand's voice and resonate with our target audience
- Manage the YouTube video editing process, including providing constructive feedback on YouTube video edits. Review and approve final video edits before publication, ensuring they meet our brand guidelines and quality standards
- Assist the social team with scheduling posts to ensure consistent and optimal content delivery across various social media platforms
- Coordinate with various teams to incorporate campaigns, events, and product launches into the content calendar
- Ensure all published content aligns with brand guidelines and maintains a cohesive brand image
- Oversee the scheduling, uploading, and optimization of content on the YouTube platform. Implement SEO best practices, including keyword research, compelling video titles, descriptions, and tags, to enhance visibility and discoverability.
- Address urgent publishing needs promptly and efficiently, especially during live events or time-sensitive campaigns
- Provide guidance and oversight to the social media specialist responsible for engaging with incoming comments on various platforms
- Ensure that responses to comments align with brand voice, guidelines, and values, maintaining a positive and consistent brand image
- Regularly monitor community interactions, identifying trends, sentiments, and opportunities for improvement
Analytics and Reporting
- Ownership of all analytics and reporting across every social channel. Responsible for identifying trends, outlining key learnings and recommendations
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision-making on the social team, ensuring that insights from analytics inform both strategic and tactical decisions
- Contribute insights and analytics data for regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. If you identify with any of the following, we encourage you to apply!
- 5+ years of experience leading or working in social marketing programs that drive business results
- 2+ years of experience in leading and developing teams, emphasizing the professional growth of team members
- Experience with Later or other social media management tools
- Extensive expertise in formulating and overseeing impactful multi-channel social media strategies, with a focus on community engagement across diverse platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter/X, Threads, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Skilled in leveraging data analytics to shape and propel social media strategies. Strong communication skills to articulate insights and results to cross-functional teams, ensuring alignment with overarching business objectives
- Proven success in coming up with creative solutions to improve social media strategies. Skilled at identifying areas for improvement, updating practices for ongoing progress, and adapting to changing market trends
- Proficient in utilizing basic video editing tools, such as CapCut, and at ease in front of the camera across various formats, ranging from Reels to YouTube
- Ability to effectively communicate and build trust with senior executives and drive alignment with cross-functional teams
- Experience implementing and optimizing paid social media campaigns
- Proven experience in collaborating with in-house creative teams
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to customize copy for specific channels
- Must be able to prioritize, adapt, and multi-task without compromising attention to detail
- Experience with web and social media analytics tools and reporting
Our approach to compensation:
We take a market-based & data-driven approach to compensation. We leverage data from trusted third-party compensation sources to help us understand the market value of a role based on function, level, geographic location, and scope. We evaluate compensation bi-annually, including performance and market-related factors.
Our salaries are benchmarked against market Total Cash Compensation for the geographic location of our job posting. Compensation for some roles is structured as On Target Earnings (OTE = base
- commission/variable) while for others it is structured as Salary only.
To comply with local legislation and ensure transparency, we share salary ranges on all job postings. Skills, experience and other factors help determine the final salary we offer which may vary from the original range posted.
Additionally, all permanent team members are granted stock options and are eligible to participate in various benefits plans as part of their overall compensation package.
Salary Range: $130,000 - 145,000 CAD
Some perks of being on our team:
- Flexible PTO: We want you to take the time off when you want or need to recharge!
- Learning & Development: We provide growth opportunities through training, coaching, mentorship programs, and workshops. We also provide teams with a generous Education & Conference budget to support continued learning.
- Parental benefits: We offer parental leave top-ups, family forming support, and a life-transitions program to ensure you and your family are well supported when returning to work.
- Healthcare: Our comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, STD & LTD, 401k contribution plans (US-based employees), and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the well-being of you and your family.
- Employee Resource Groups: Belonging is an important part of doing your best work. These ERGs provide support and community for employees.
- Co-op team members are not eligible for company benefits.
Where we work
We hire into our hub cities of Boston, MA; Vancouver, BC; Toronto, ON; and. We post our positions in the hub location(s) where we are open to having the successful candidate be located.
Diversity, inclusion, and accessibility
We value diversity of thought; we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or age. Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.