Faculty/Department Human Resources Unit Human Resources - Org Dev & People Programs Employee Group Out of Scope Collective Agreement Consideration Open to the Public. CUPE 5791 Job Family N/A Category Staff Number of Vacancies 1 Position Summary
Are you a dynamic and motivated individual with a passion for fostering talent and building exceptional teams? The University is on the lookout for a talented individual to join our team as a Talent Acquisition Advisor. As a key player in our Organizational Development & People Programs team, you'll be at the heart of shaping our campus community.
As our Talent Acquisition Advisor, you will be the driving force behind the recruitment and selection process. Your responsibilities include providing expert guidance on internal recruitment policies, delivering top-notch customer service, and developing innovative recruitment strategies using social media and community engagement.
What You'll Do:
- Subject Matter Expert: Be the go-to expert on recruitment policies, collective bargaining agreements, and government worker policies.
- Customer-Centric: Manage obstacles and navigate difficult recruitment situations with a positive attitude, focusing on client needs and satisfaction.
- Self-Directed Dynamo: Thrive in a fast-paced environment, delivering results with a sense of urgency.
- Positive Communicator: Interact efficiently with staff and faculty, fostering a collaborative environment.
- Flexibility Champion: Handle changing priorities with ease, juggling multiple requests simultaneously.
- Master of Time Management: Provide timely updates and reports with precision and detail.
- Social Media Expert: Engage talent through various social media recruitment strategies.
- Networking Extraordinaire: Attend career fairs and other recruitment events, connect with community groups, and collaborate with campus management.
- Team Player Pro: Take pride in your contributions, thrive on superior client service, and be an integral part of our team.
- Plus More: Be ready to take on additional related tasks as assigned - your role is dynamic and essential to our success!
Why Join Us?
At the University of Regina, we are more than just a campus - we are a community! Join our team and enjoy:
- Meaningful Impact: Contribute to the growth and success of our academic community.
- Work-Life Balance: We value your well-being and know your personal life is most important!
- Dynamic and Inclusive Workplace: We value diversity and inclusivity. You will be part of a team that celebrates different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences, making every day an opportunity for personal growth.
- Innovation Culture: We encourage fresh ideas and innovative thinking.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits to reward your talent. A few of these benefits include Health/Dental/Vision Benefits, a flexible spending account, a Defined Contribution Pension Plan, and much more!
If you're ready to be a part of a dynamic team and make a lasting impact on our university, apply now!Position Requirements
What You Will Bring to the Position:
- Undergraduate degree in commerce or business administration with a focus in Human Resources; and
- Three years' experience in providing strategic staffing support and advice.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Preference will be given for individuals who have experience providing human resource services in a unionized environment.
Skills That Will Ensure Your Success in this Role:
- Broad knowledge and understanding of recruitment & selection practices, issues and programs;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to concisely document recommendations and other recruiting related information;
- Superior client service in order to actively manage obstacles that may arise during the hiring process;
- Excellent problem-solving skills to achieve the client's needs while ensuring that appropriate policies and legislation are followed;
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and take a consultative approach, influence key stakeholders, and gain consensus to achieve goals;
- Ability to build and maintain useful recruitment tools for hiring managers including researching best practices, updating intranet information and creating assessment tools;
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment and consultatively with an HR team;
- Ability to be innovative in a fast-paced environment and keeping up-to-date on industry best practice in staffing and selection;
- Ability to work with information of a confidential nature and ensure privacy is maintained and respected;
- Experience with utilizing social media tools for recruitment purposes; and
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Physical Demands Pay Grade OOS 5 Salary Range $68,006 - $102,007 annually Status Term Work Hours
Monday - Friday, 8:15 - 4:30Duration (if Term/Temporary) 16 months Full-Time/Part-Time Full Time Preference Posting Indigenous People, Visible Minority, Person with a Disability, Woman Target Posting
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Application Instructions
We know imposter syndrome can get in the way, so please do not hesitate to apply. We would love to hear from you. Submit your application today!
The University of Regina is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the community that we serve. The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within the University's employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.