Who Are We?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide . Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com .
Who Are You ?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. Team-oriented. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Special Events Sales Manager - West Region will be responsible for selling Special E vents at the Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, BC, Midway Music Hall in Edmonton, AB and future development into the Western market. You will host site inspections , maintai n strong c lient relationships, participat e i n and create business development initiatives , maintai n proper financ ial systems and work as a team member with the venue / talent team . The manage r duties will also include contract negotiation, calendar management and work ing closely with the venue special even t coordinator on contracted events .
- Meet and exceed individual sales goals for venues maintain existing business and fine new business
- Consistently fulfill sales call s, structured prospecting, and CRM reporting
- Complete understanding of competitive set in each market
- Handle initial inquiries in a timely manner (within 24 hours) within standard systems
- Develop a complete, comprehensive targeted list of companies/organizations within assigned categories
- Build, maintain and target client database (from internal and external sources)
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Convention & Visitors Bureau, professional organizations, local chambers of commerce, local hotels and vendors
- Actively attend industry events, client events and find new hosting opportunities
- Ensuring optimal perception of venue within the community as well as within professional organizations
- Maintain accurate event financial records and adhere to required departmental and organizational processes/ protocol
- Grow marketing collateral and resources to generate new business
- Onsite site inspections, as needed with generation of proposals
- Strong calendar management, co ntract , negotiati ng skills and financial reconciliation
- Understanding of all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations, to ensure optimal event execution
- Liase with East Venues and collaborate with Sales peers on national cross-selling opportunities
- This role may require non-traditional hours i.e evening and weekends based on events, travel will be required with this role and assigned desk is available in our Vancouver office.
- A minimum of 5-10 years' experience in a Event s or F&B Catering Sales role
- Calendar Management
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Self-starter , Independent and collaborative work style
- Strong contact base for event planners and lead initiatives
- Strong understanding of event operations
- Are you passionate about music? Love concerts and live events? An d ... if YOU have:
The ability to work well within a team environment.
A p assion for selling
An incredible eye for detail
An exceptional ability to multi-task, stay organized, and self-manage tight deadlines and high volume
The ability to think strategically, creatively, and resourcefully .
WE want to hear from you! Visit us today at www.livenation.com/careers
We thank all of candidates for their interest. At this time, we will only be able to reach out to those who we have selected for an interview.
Applicants for employment in Canada must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
HEALTH : Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, along with mental health support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program including complimentary therapy and coaching sessions.
YOURSELF : Paid time off including holidays, personal days, sick time for you and your dependents, and access to free concert tickets.
WEALTH: RRSP program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement and a Student Loan Repayment Plan.
FAMILY: New and future parent programs including paid parental leave, childcare reimbursement and fertility treatment support.
CAREER : Internal learning and development programs including financial support with tuition assistance.
OTHERS : Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network, gender reassignment support
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks throughout the day; occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
The expected compensation range for this position in British Columbia is:
$70,000 - $80,000 CAD **
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the British Columbia Pay Transparency Act. It is estimated based on what a successful British Columbia applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in British Columbia or perform the position from British Columbia. Similar positions located outside of British Columbia will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate's education, training, and experience, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the Pay Transparency Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.