Job Title: Customer Service & Communications Support
Location: Rolla Skate Club - Rollerland at the PNE - East Vancouver, BC
Start date: ASAP
Rolla Skate Club is more than just a roller rink; it's a vibrant, inclusive community hub that celebrates the exhilarating world of roller skating through daily classes and weekly public events. Located in the heart of East Van, our club is a haven for individuals of all ages and skill levels who share a passion for moving their bodies on wheels.
Are you ready to roll with the best at Rolla Skate Club? We're looking for a dedicated and dynamic Customer Service & Communications Support to join our team full-time. If you have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, love rollerskating, and possess stellar communication skills, this opportunity is for you!
- First Face of Rolla: As the initial point of contact, you'll be stationed at the Welcome Desk, greeting members and visitors, answering questions, and providing skates and gear. Your commitment to ensuring a positive member experience from the moment they arrive is key to your success.
- Responsive Communication: Answer customer inquiries promptly and professionally via phone, email, live chat and social media. Provide accurate
Information About Products, Services, And Company Policies.
- Engagement Strategies: Implement effective communication strategies to enhance customer engagement, as well as drive membership and event sales.
- Efficient Issue Resolution: Handle customer issues and complaints with empathy and efficiency, ensuring a positive resolution.
- Content Management: Create and maintain content for various communication channels, including social media, newsletters, and website updates.
- Facility Maintenance: Contribute to maintaining a clean and welcoming facility, organize inventory efficiently, and ensure the safety of skates and gear.
You are a customer service superstar who thrives on professional interactions with the public, whether in person, over the phone, or in writing. A multitasking maestro, you can balance competing priorities and efficiently manage your workload.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven Experience: Demonstrated experience in customer service and/or communications role.
- Sales Acumen: Sales experience or the ability to speak passionately about rollerskating and membership benefits.
- Communication Mastery: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Initiative and Results Driven: An organized self-starter with a results-oriented mindset.
- Problem-Solving Guru: Strong problem-solving abilities with a growth mindset - you see challenges as exciting puzzles to solve.
- Adaptability: Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced and vibrant environment.
- Tech Savvy: Proficiency in using a variety of business software and CRM systems. Familiarity with Zen Planner, Google Drive, Slack, When I Work, Square, and ChatGPT is an asset.
- Digital Communication: Strong knowledge of social media platforms and digital communication tools. Experience with Canva, Later/Hootsuite, Mailchimp, or equivalent.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $18/hr - 40 hrs per week
- Health benefits after three months
- Ten days paid vacation
- Free access to Rolla events, classes, courses and open skate times
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- Supportive and values-based team environment based on a distributed leadership model
- Sunday to Thursday 9.30am-5.30pm
- Location: Rollerland at the PNE
- Due to the annual PNE Summer Fair shutdown, all employees will be given temporary layoffs for the month of August
- You are required to take 80% of your vacation days during the month of August
If you're ready to embrace new challenges, learn new technology, and contribute to a business at the forefront of community building and personal transformation through movement, we want you on our team! Apply now and join us in bringing the joy of rollerskating to our vibrant community.
How to apply:
- Read through the Rolla Values below
- Send your cover letter and resume
- Your Name
- Complete the Welcome Team application form on the Careers page on our website RollaSkateClub.com
Do you Share our Goals & Values? >>>>>
At Rolla Skate Club, our goal is to create an empowered community of strong skaters.
- We are: Welcoming. We welcome skaters of all ages, abilities, economic status, gender and personal expression. COME ROLL WITH US!
- We are: Uplifting underserved groups in sports, leadership, and business. We create opportunities for underrepresented groups (by race/ethnicity, gender expression/gender, age, economics) through training, coaching, mentoring, and partnering. BE BIG AND TAKE UP SPACE
- We are: Leaders. We promote lifelong learning and cultivate strong, empathetic leaders within Rolla Skate Club and out in the world. Every member of the team has a leadership journey. ROLL DEEP
- We are: Playful. We make space for play, fun, JOY, and irreverence. HAVE SOME F*CKING FUN
- We are: Courageous. We step outside our comfort zone, boldly accept challenges, and are willing to fail. When we fall down, it's because we tried. We help each other to learn, and get back up. FALLING IS LEARNING