- Sioux Lookout
- Posted 3 weeks ago
- Salary Range $48,657 to $59,238 per annum CAD
The role of Administrative Assistant / Receptionist is to provide support to visitors at Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority Executive office as well as providing admin support to the Property, Finance and Core departments.
- Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
- Ability to speak in a first Nations dialect of the Sioux Lookout Region would be a asset (Ojibway/Oji-Cree/Cree)
- Written and oral communication skills acceptable to the employer that meet the requirements of the role of reception/administration. Completion of Grade 12 and or post-secondary education would be an asset.
- A minimum of 6 months experience in frontline Customer Service in administrative.
- Demonstrated computer skills, ability to use Microsoft office products and accurately type data
- Able to problem solve, use good judgment and make sound decisions
- Ability to work independently and works well with in a team
- The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors and direct them to the appropriate person or department.
- Answer and forward incoming phone calls in a professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, guests, and employees.
- Address inquiries and provide information about the organization.
- Notify staff members of visitor arrivals.
- Relay messages accurately and promptly.
- Ensure the reception area is clean and tidy, make sure bulletin boards are up-to-date.
- Manage office supplies, equipment and paper and place orders as needed.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs for office equipment such as photocopiers/scanners/printers
- Receive incoming and outgoing mail/faxes and record in log, work with SLFNHA Porter to ensure mail is picked up and delivered in a timely fashion across SLFNHA.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as photocopying, faxing, filing, and data entry.
- Schedule and manage appointments, meetings, and room bookings.
- Provide administrative support to various departments as needed.
- Draft and proofread correspondence, emails, and other documents.
- Accurately enter and maintain data in databases or spreadsheets.
- Assist in preparing and formatting documents, reports, and presentations.
- Prepare meeting agendas and take minutes when required.
- Support Executive Assistants and cover for them in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor.
Closing Date: Open until Filled