Our Marketing and Communications department is currently looking for a Marketing Specialist. This role reports to the Marketing and Digital Manager.
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative self-starter with solid experience and a passion for digital marketing. Someone with proven expertise in designing and implementing marketing programs for all online channels, including strategic planning, email marketing campaigns, website design, video production, PPC ads, SEO/SEM, digital publications, content marketing and more. This role is perfect for a candidate who lives and breathes marketing, loves to work as part of a team, and knows how to effectively grow an organization's online footprint through multiple digital platforms.
In this position, the Marketing Specialist will contribute to the company's overall marketing and communications strategy through the development and implementation of digital marketing programs. The incumbent will ensure that digital marketing efforts are efficient and effective in achieving awareness, engagement, and revenue.
This position works closely with the Social Media Specialist.
- Manage the Villa Charities website and ensure content is always current and relevant
- Manage, curate, and create all online advertising design and digital content, including web creative, photos, and video content
- Develop web, online, newsletter, and mobile marketing strategy that aligns with overall marketing and communications strategy, and drives significant growth, awareness, and engagement
- Work closely with the Marketing team and collaborate on the curation and creation of social media content including advertising campaigns, digital toolkits, and content calendars
- Plan and manage digital marketing budgets
- Plan, produce, and measure all electronic and direct communications include e-blasts and newsletters
- Work with cross-functional internal teams to create Google adcampaigns and support to meet objectives including user and supporter engagement, brand positioning, lead generation and revenue/sales
- Prepare analytics and statistics as well as additional customized reports as required
- Set key performance indicators, monitor effective benchmarks for measurement of digital marketing efforts. Analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results and make recommendations for future campaigns
- Create and manage customer surveys through Survey Monkey and compile reports
- Assist with creating, updating, and managing company microsites (e.g., Tribute Project)
- Manage all digital assets of Villa Charities facilities, including content for digital screens and electronic messaging centre (EMC sign)
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL REQUIRE:
- 4 - 6 years of in-house or agency marketing experience
- A post-secondary education in communications, journalism, new media or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the arts & culture, fundraising or event planning industries is considered highly beneficial
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of principles of design and current trends in digital media planning and web-based marketing used to increase awareness, generate leads and revenue, and increase customer base
- Advanced literacy and hands-on experience with digital software including Wordpress/Elementor, Constant Contact, CSS, CMS
- Proficient in creative applications including Canva, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects
- Proficient in office applications including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word Outlook, PowerPoint)
- In-depth knowledge and experience with social media marketing platforms and tools (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Google Ads, etc.)
- Must be able to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively in a team
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with cross-functional groups to achieve desired outcomes
- Exceptional organizational skills and extremely detail-oriented
- Confident, disciplined, and assertive with excellent influencing and persuasion skills
- Strong presentation skills across a wide range of channels
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance and prioritize multiple projects and a high volume of work; deliver programs and tactics on a timely basis in a deadline-oriented environment
- Must be flexible, adaptive to change and able to handle shifting priorities with maturity and foresight to cope with input and changes, with short notice at times
- Experience with managing budgets
- Maintain a high standard of web design quality, customer service and professionalism
- Experience with CRM database, SEM/SEO, with a proven track record of results, including keyword research, link building strategies and tactical implementation
- Knowledge of Italian language and/or Italian-Canadian community, considered an asset
- Google Ads and Google Analytics Certification is considered an asset
COMPENSATION AND OTHER BENEFITS:
Villa Charities Inc. offers a competitive salary, flexible work schedule, a comprehensive benefits package including a free gym/health club membership (on-campus), and much more.
If you are interested in an opportunity to make a difference and a lasting impact, work with an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team; please forward your resume and cover letter to: Director, Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Villa Charities is committed to providing a safe working environment for our workforce, volunteers,
and members of the public with whom we interact regularly. As such, all Villa Charities staff are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Villa Charities Inc. embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. We aim to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from their unique skills, various experiences, and perspective on our vision of ?Inspiring people to explore the Italian in all of us.? We ensure that our recruitment practices support this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Villa Charities' policies, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Villa Charities' hiring process. To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.