About Pathways Alliance
Pathways Alliance Inc. (Pathways) represents Canada's largest oil sands producers working together to reduce their environmental footprint on land, air and water and who share an ambitious goal of achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions from operations by 2050. Our six member companies operate about 95% of Canada's oil sands production.
About the Opportunity
The Advisor, Events & Engagement is a member of the Pathways Alliance stakeholder relations team. This highly organized role focuses on events, information, and project management within an alliance model. This role is pivotal in managing and actively participating in events, supporting project management processes, and improving information and documentation processes to enhance relationships with diverse stakeholders, including government agencies, local communities, NGOs, and member companies. The Advisor will continuously assess the event, sponsorship, partnership, and membership processes, ensuring alignment with government, policy, regulatory requirements, and community expectations within a member-driven framework.
About the Role
The stakeholder relations team is part of the external relations function within Pathways Alliance which is lead by the Vice President, External Relations. The Advisor, Events & Engagement reports to the Manager, Stakeholder Relations and will work closely with all members of the external relations team and contribute to the success in various ways.
This position is based in Calgary.
· Develop, plan, attend, execute, and report on stakeholder engagement events, ensuring seamless coordination and a positive experience for participants.
· Coordinate with internal and external partners to organize events and develop partnerships, sponsorships and memberships that showcase the alliance's commitment to engagement.
· Create, share, and manage detailed and accurate schedules and briefings in a timely, organized, and proactive sequence.
· Handle detailed paperwork and vendor management processes to ensure seamless engagement and budget adherence.
· Liaise with internal and external contacts to inform, share plans, communicate details, and ensure proactive and timely updates.
· Maintain a robust contact database of stakeholders and report on engagement.
Project and information management
· Create and improve processes related to information sharing and capturing data on events and partnerships, sponsorship, and membership performance.
· Assess and enhance existing workflow processes, identifying opportunities for optimizing information sharing, engagement tracking and engagement efforts.
· Implement leading event and sponsorship practices within the alliance model to streamline communication, feedback mechanisms, and issue resolution.
· Provide ongoing support to the Boreal-is tracking software to ensure data reliability, validity, and accuracy for reporting.
· Proactively plan and collaborate on deliverables with internal key contacts to provide clear, timely and relevant updates and lookaheads for events, sponsorships, membership benefits and reporting.
· Collaborate closely with internal teams and member company committees to align stakeholder relations efforts with broader alliance objectives.
· Facilitate collaboration and information sharing among alliance members to strengthen collective engagement strategies.
· Provide committee support to Stakeholder, Government/Policy, and Labour groups, ensuring the timely project management of info sharing, action tracking and clear and helpful dissemination of agendas and materials.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree or diploma in a relevant field (event management, communications, public relations, project management, business, etc.).
· 5+ years experience in events management, engagement, external relations and/or corporate communications.
· Proactive, critical thinker who takes initiative and possesses strong time management skills.
· Excellent communication, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to participate, organize, set up or engage in frequent events as an external relations representative. Evening and weekend event work may occasionally be required along with a need to travel to various venues within Calgary.
· Ability to analyze complex issues and develop effective plans for stakeholder management.
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, delivering high quality outputs and outcomes within deadlines and budget.
· Highly organized with established project management expertise and information and document management skills.
· Ability to manage and track relevant engagements (via emails, MS teams, calls and in person).
· Proven event planning, management, and evaluation skills.
· Proficient in SharePoint and MS 365.
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on skill set and experience. Assignments or secondments from member companies are possible.
Location: Calgary, AB
Deadline for Application: This posting will remain open until Monday, February 19 at 4 p.m.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume through our LinkedIn posting or by emailing via Isarta, noting the position title.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.